Position Purpose: The UR Coordinator creates UR shells in Care Radius from faxes received. Accesses and uploads medical records required for claims review and provides administrative support for all medical claims review nurses, manager, director, and Medical Director(s).
Duties include: creating authorization shells, sending requests via email, fax, or phone for records to be added to electronic queues or sent directly to the department. Collaboration with points of contact at facilities to obtain EMR access for staff and to facilitate provision of medical records.
- Create UR authorization shells from information obtained from incoming faxes within 4 hours of receipt
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Complete UR letters/forms and fax/mail
- Compile medication information for medication reconciliation report/letter
- Upload medical records to auths in Care Radius
- Complete TOC letters/forms and fax/email
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
Years of Experience: