Supervisor, Performance Improvement Coordinator
The Performance Improvement Coordinator Supervisor oversees the training and field work of the Performance Improvement Coordinators. This position is responsible for the training and supervision of Performance Improvement Coordinators, who work with physician practices with opportunities for improved quality, risk adjustment and clinical workflow (referral management and population health management) performance.
- Works collaboratively with the Performance Improvement Coordinators and practice staff to coordinate improvement efforts related to overall performance.
- Coaches the Performance Improvement Coordinators on the effective design and implementation of plans for continuous improvement and best practices within physician practices.
- Oversees the assessment of performance in relation to established goals and standards; participates in the recommendation of new approaches, policies, workflows, and procedures to effect continual progress toward goals and standards.
- Implementation of performance improvement plans at the practice level.
- Oversees process improvement within physician practices that will drive or have a direct impact on process improvements and enhancing clinical workflows.
- Interacts with providers regarding billing and documentation policies, procedures, and conflicting/ambiguous or non-specific documentation.
- Supports process improvement to enhance physician and staff workflow.
- Directly engages patients to ensure screening and other required preventative tests and appointments are completed.
- Works with laboratory and other vendors as required to collect patient results.
- Works with practice Electronic Health Records or paper records to support Health Choice reporting and monitoring of quality performance.
- Provides expertise to develop and sustain process improvements at all levels of the organization.
- Provides dashboard reports to providers and practices and recommendations on improvement.
- Maintain collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the working group's achievement of goals, and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Collaborates across functional departments to support and implement changes/enhancements.
- Provides leadership in planning, reporting, evaluating, and facilitating improvement processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency in contracted practices.
- Manages the development of effective communication methods to keep staff and others informed about improvement activities.
- Provides Health Choice Performance Operations and practice staff with appropriate level of clinical training relative to performance measures including but not limited to spirometry, ABIs, taking and recording a blood pressure, urine collection and diabetes in-office testing.
- Assists in preparation of training materials (internal or external).
- Provides virtual and on-site education and guidance.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
Years of Experience: