Quality Metrics, Analytics Manager
Our Mission: Provide the best value in health insurance and related health services to improve the quality of life for Arizonans.
Inspire health in Arizona as the trusted leader in delivering affordable, innovative healthcare solutions.
Our Benefits: Our benefits provide work-life balance and the flexibility you need to be your best. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage; a 401K savings plan; paid holidays and vacations; and much more!
The Manager, Quality Metrics will provide direction for a team of data analysts and oversee the work of an analytics department to ensure timely availability of accurate performance metrics, presented in a format understandable to various audiences.
- Lead the development of processes for effective data analysis and reporting
- Manage the creation and maintenance of meaningful analytics, visualization, reports, and presentations most appropriate to users based on their role that enable insights to actionable next steps.
- Oversees ad-hoc reports and analytic support, using project management tools to gather user requirements and confirm user acceptance.
- Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
- Leads automation of business processes, such as on-demand reports and interactive dashboards; identifies and implements opportunities to streamline and improve processes.
- Maintains a Stars predictive model and reports Stars data to CMS; maintains associated written procedures.
- Implements ongoing processes to QA performance data and vendor reports/data; addresses gaps or inaccuracies with vendor; maintains associated written procedures; Maintains a QA procedure to ensure information reported is highly accurate.
- Monitors changes in regulatory contractual requirements related to performance measures, initiates change requests with data vendor, identifies organizational impacts and implements necessary organizational and reporting changes.
- Builds a first-in-class quality analytics program using creative, innovative strategies and best practices.
- Builds infrastructure and lean processes to ensure sustainability and advance the department.
- Provide training, orientation, performance appraisals, hiring and disciplinary action of the analytical staff; Ensures team develops new data competencies.
- Represents team at meetings with peers, executives, vendors and other stakeholders; presents at meetings as needed.
- Provide oversight and leadership in developing statistical analyses to support the Quality Department.
- Present analyses to stakeholders in both internal and external meetings.
- Provide insight, advise quality improvement teams, and respond to regulators’ requests on quality metrics through presentations, detailed narratives, etc.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Data Analytics, Health informatics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Biostatistics, Statistics, Applied Math, Data Science, Business intelligence or other related field
Years of Experience:
Minimum of 4 years related experience. Experience working with HEDIS, CMS or other related metrics is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with AHCCCS Medicaid, NCQA HEDIS, and CMS Medicare Stars Ratings is desirable
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills.
- Proficiency in project management
- Ability to think analytically to resolve issues; solution-focused mindset; creative and innovative
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work to adhere to deadlines and identified time frames
- Ability to learn new applications