Quality Data Analyst
Our Mission: Provide the best value in health insurance and related health services to improve the quality of life for Arizonans.
Inspire health in Arizona as the trusted leader in delivering affordable, innovative healthcare solutions.
Our Benefits: Our benefits provide work-life balance and the flexibility you need to be your best. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage; a 401K savings plan; paid holidays and vacations; and much more!
Position Purpose: The Quality Management Data Analyst is responsible to query and analyze data related to quality measures with the goal of accurately reporting findings to other departments and Executive Leadership for making informed decisions.
- Analyze monthly and quarterly performance measure reporting that demonstrate efficacy of strategic quality initiatives
- Support various departments including Performance Improvement and Clinical Operations to ensure compliance with regulatory deliverables
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with reporting of quality performance measures, clinical outcomes and state and federal requirements
- Provide comprehensive analyses of barriers and opportunities for performance improvement efforts
- Conduct statistical analysis and predictive modeling
- Assist in developing methodology for data-driven quality measurements and supports intervention strategies to improve outcomes
- Manage multiple simultaneous tasks, prioritize work, and provide timely deliverables
- Use SQL Server Management Studio to collect data from data warehouse databases
- Creates and maintains meaningful analytics, visualization, reports, and presentations most appropriate to users based on their role that enable insights to actionable next steps.
- Creates ad-hoc reports and provides analytic support, using project management tools to gather user requirements and confirm user acceptance.
- Suggests and implements automation of business processes, such as on-demand reports and interactive dashboards; identifies and implements opportunities to streamline and improve processes.
- Develops, manages and analyzes data in collaboration with the Quality Management Data Supervisor to develop and produce contract deliverables, as well as demonstrate efficacy of strategic quality initiatives through statistical means.
- Supports various work units including Performance Improvement and Clinical Record Review to ensure compliance with regulatory deliverables.
- Ensures compliance with quality performance measure reporting, clinical outcomes and state and federal data accuracy and completeness requirements.
- Provides technical assistance to both internal and provider staff on using data for improvement; and on data accuracy, timeliness, and completeness requirements.
- Provides comprehensive analyses of data, barriers, and opportunities and presents results of improvement efforts of performance measures to management.
- Conducts statistical analysis and predictive modeling using HC MIS authorized tools.
- Assists in developing methodology for data-driven quality measurements and develops intervention strategies to improve outcomes.
- Participates as a member of HC committees and work teams as assigned.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Data Analytics, Health informatics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Biostatistics, Statistics, Applied Math, Data Science, Business intelligence or other related field
Years of Experience:
- 3-5 years related experience and/or training including experience with extensive data analysis on healthcare payer data across multiple functional areas (e.g. Membership, Provider, Lab, Medical and Pharmacy Claims etc.)
- Familiarity with AHCCCS Medicaid, NCQA HEDIS, and CMS Medicare Stars Ratings is desirable
- Proficient with Excel, SQL, relational databases
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytic and data interpretation skills
- Ability to use data to effectively communicate processes and outcomes
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R466