Our Mission: Provide the best value in health insurance and related health services to improve the quality of life for Arizonans.
Inspire health in Arizona as the trusted leader in delivering affordable, innovative healthcare solutions.
Our Benefits: Our benefits provide work-life balance and the flexibility you need to be your best. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage; a 401K savings plan; paid holidays and vacations; and much more!
Under minimal supervision leads complex projects as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer. Potential projects/programs may cover multiple business areas of the corporation as well as multiple systems. Provides support and management for the various project lifecycle phases of the project, including defining scope, business requirements, reporting, testing, implementation, etc. Reports project status to the defined management team of the project as well as the direct line reporting. Ongoing management of identified programs after implementation to support various business units and the plan. Provides regulatory and business development support to the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
- Serves as program manager for regulatory, business strategy and business development projects
- Program management efforts required to plan, monitor, track and manage the people, time and quality of the work related to the implementation and ongoing monitoring of projects/programs as well as the project/program budget
- Creates project plans that include the required project components including background, scope, goal, roles & responsibilities, measurable objectives, assumptions, issues, and risk assessment
- Develops and oversees monitoring processes to ensure implementation and ongoing program oversight is effective and compliant with regulatory, business and budgetary requirements
- Provides necessary cost estimates and/or benefit analysis for systems and projects
- Communicate project status and issues to project team and management
- Acts as the liaison with business areas to ensure appropriate changes are made to the impacted departments
- Manage and resolve conflict in the project environment
- Guides internal and external customers on strategies, methods, and options for achieving operational/functional requirements applicable to the health plan, members and providers
- Keeps abreast of federal and state regulations pertaining to Medicaid and Medicare
- Assesses the impact of regulatory changes on health plan programs, members, and providers
- Ensures that communications regarding high-impact regulatory changes are provided to appropriate business areas and executive leadership
- Monitors changes in relevant regulatory areas
- Supports the submission of regulatory reporting requirements on an ongoing basis
- Assists in the preparation of updates and reports to management, Board of Directors, the Executive Leadership team and Compliance Committee
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
Education: (include field of study)
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in health care, business administration, project management, management information systems or related field required
Years of Experience:
- 3 + years working experience in health care related systems as a project manager or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of project management strategies and techniques and track record of successful project management
- Advanced knowledge in the usage of MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Visio preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare systems