Our Mission: Provide the best value in health insurance and related health services to improve the quality of life for Arizonans.
Inspire health in Arizona as the trusted leader in delivering affordable, innovative healthcare solutions.
Our Benefits: Our benefits provide work-life balance and the flexibility you need to be your best. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage; a 401K savings plan; paid holidays and vacations; and much more!
This position is responsible for researching, evaluating, and processing purchase orders (Oracle Buyer Role) for goods and services to meet HCA’s daily operational needs. In addition to providing procurement support, guidance, advice, and services where required. This role will also be responsible for educating business units on sourcing best practices and principles to ensure that HCA’s policies and procedures are being followed, and vendor engagements support corporate goals and initiatives.
- Review purchase requisitions and issue purchase orders in accordance with HCA policies
- Ensure accurate coding including company code, cost center, natural account, and budget account category line and network plan ID.
- Educate and guide department staff to ensure timely entry of requisitions
- Ensure follow up on outstanding approvals, make appropriate PO adjustments, and distribution PO’s to vendors.
- Monitoring and maintaining a current PO list by (1) Closing inactive PO’s; (2) Closing low-balance PO’s
- Research, respond to, and finalize questions or requests received from internal customers
- Work closely with Accounts Payable to ensure PO process and policy is adhered to
- Work closely with FP&A to maintain accurate coding and coding lists
- Coordinate interaction between suppliers and HCA user personnel
- Escheatment and 1099 reporting and processing
- Ensure that corporate spend is in compliance with the requirements of HCA’s policies and procedures
- Maintain an enterprise view of vendor spend and performance
- Research, respond to, and finalize questions or requests for research received from internal customers
- Provide procurement consultancy services where specialist services are required, or existing resources cannot meet the requirements of the purchase. This may include negotiations of key vendors and/or facilitating the sourcing process
- Develop and deliver sourcing and procurement best practices, and compliance training for non-procurement staff
- Complete annual reviews and updates to the corporate policy and procedures that apply to the purchase of goods and services
- Perform spend analytics and vendor reviews to identify savings opportunities, and present the information to VP of Finance and the business units that are impacted
- Ensure ensuring accuracy and completeness of PO’s and ensuring the PO policies are adhered to.
- Special Projects
- Other duties as assigned in similar nature
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance.
Years of Experience:
- 5 years of experience in the accounts payable, accounting or finance field.
- Intermediate proficiency in excel and word, ability to use ERP systems.
- Must possess technical acuity and have the ability to learn and utilize various computer systems
- Strong analytical skills
Professional Competencies & Abilities:
- Knowledgeable in Procurement principles and best practices
- Understanding of contracts and business, legal & financial terms and conditions, including business specific requirements
- Ability to Prioritize, organize, and self-manage in a high volume environment
- Communicate professionally to both internal and external customers
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy