The Payroll Manager is responsible for the oversight of all payroll functions, including payroll processing, financial audits of benefits, liability and expense distribution. Successfully administer a bi-weekly payroll cycle for the organization with the support of Payroll Specialist. Enhance processes and ongoing maintenance for the payroll system. Focused on collaboration; the Manager of Payroll Operations will also support various projects in conjunction with areas like total rewards and other financial reporting.
- Coach and develop employees in the performance of their duties through regular one-on-one conversations
- Complete audit of payroll processing in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Produce payroll reports after each pay period close
- Manage integrity of payroll system with changes, deletions, additions concerning time corrections or personal information
- Serve as subject matter expert on lawful payroll practices under the DOL, federal and state regulations
- Collaborate with Finance and Human Resources department on efficiencies, systems configuration and internal processes
- Lead implantation efforts for payroll systems integration
- Maintains thorough and complete knowledge of payroll administration and payroll taxes; ensure payroll changes are accurate, timely and thoroughly tested
- Annual processing of W2 Forms
- Continually review procedures and strive for consistent improvement of internal controls, and streamlining of current processes and procedures.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
Years of Experience:
Skills & Abilities: