Manager, Procurement Services
Our Mission: Provide the best value in health insurance and related health services to improve the quality of life for Arizonans.
Inspire health in Arizona as the trusted leader in delivering affordable, innovative healthcare solutions.
Our Benefits: Our benefits provide work-life balance and the flexibility you need to be your best. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage; a 401K savings plan; paid holidays and vacations; and much more!
This role is responsible for leading the daily operations for HCA’s Oracle Procurement Services, Accounts Payable and the responsibilities include: ensuring effective oversight of supplier risk through monitoring critical suppliers and required activities are occurring throughout the supplier life cycle; contracts are being executed and renewed in a timely manner, and procurement staff are procuring products and services such that maximum value is delivered to the organization. This position will lead the administrative plan versus actual monthly process and be responsible for all administrative costs coding accuracy. In addition, this role will be the designated Requester Role (Oracle Terminology - required role for segregation of duties within the Oracle platform).
- Lead the day to day operations for HCA’s Oracle Procurement Services and Accounts Payable.
- Ensure the effectiveness of the departments by meeting the goals and metrics of the program
- Ensuring supplier activities are properly monitored and supplier risk is remediated
- Leading the activities of buying teams; ensuring procurement of goods and services complies with company policy and delivers maximum value for the organization
- Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
- Oversee changes to the Oracle P2P system to meet changing organizational needs
- Implement training/education, change management and communication plans for changes in Procurement processes
- Working with all levels of the organization to meet procurement needs
- Creating reporting and performing analytics on organizational spend
- Serve as Lead Requestor to ensure proper PO production is occurring seamlessly.
- Administer, interpret, and maintain current working knowledge of the required HCA systems, procedures, forms and manuals.
- Keep status of department current in accordance with service standards, systems, procedures, forms and manuals through staff meetings and verbal or written communications.
- Perform, evaluate, and assist in defining and improving the quality, quantity and timeliness standards to achieve individual and department performance goals as defined within the department guidelines.
- Evaluate and make recommendations in regards to employment decisions.
- Provide motivation and encouragement to subordinates, conduct performance evaluations, identify and coordinate training needs and make determinations regarding disciplinary actions.
- Monitor and evaluate computer system issues and communicate with appropriate areas regarding status.
- Meet standards as defined within standard operating procedures for one or more of the following departments: Finance and Accounts Payable
- The role is responsible for all accurate reporting of all administrative spend, including validation of coding expenses into the general ledger, as well as accounts payable functions. Provides support and management for the monthly plan versus actual variance meetings and annual plan development. Their focus is on providing leadership and direction where necessary during the plan, procurement, escheatment and 1099 processing, and accounts payable cycles.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Procurement, Accounting, Business, or related field.
Years of Experience:
- 5 + years working experience in procurement, sourcing, contracting, accounting, or finance field.
- Knowledge of healthcare and system design (including Oracle)
- Knowledge of accounts payable and financial reporting
- Knowledge in the usage of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel preferred.
- Analytical knowledge necessary to generate reports based on available data and then make decisions based on reported data.
- Capable of investigative and analytical research
Required Professional Competencies:
- Ability to read and interpret technology contract documents
- Ability to lead projects
- Ability to read and interpret software license agreements
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents and technical procedures
- Ability to write reports and routine business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and customers
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required
- Ability to work independently and to maintain effective working relationships with multiple areas and staff levels
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies:
- Ability to build synergy with a diverse team in an ever-changing environment
- Facilitate and resolve customer requests and inquiries for all levels of management within the Corporation
- Strong organizational skills