Integrated Care Manager
Our Mission: Provide the best value in health insurance and related health services to improve the quality of life for Arizonans.
Inspire health in Arizona as the trusted leader in delivering affordable, innovative healthcare solutions.
Our Benefits: Our benefits provide work-life balance and the flexibility you need to be your best. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage; a 401K savings plan; paid holidays and vacations; and much more!
Position Purpose: The Integrated Care Manager is responsible for identifying and coordinating appropriate services for Health Choice Arizona (HCA) members with a Serious Mental Illness who have high inpatient psychiatric hospitalization utilization and/or rapid readmissions.
- Coordinate discharge with member’s outpatient physical health and behavioral health teams as well as their inpatient team.
- Outreach to member upon discharge from the hospital to provide support and assistance and ensure that discharge appointments are scheduled and SDOH needs are being addressed.
- Effectively transition members from one level of care to another.
- Reduce hospital admissions and unnecessary emergency department and crisis service use.
- Develop and update members' Integrated Care Management Plan based on progress and outcomes
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Care Team and Medical Management Clinical Rounds as scheduled
- Participation in the design of integrated health activities and services; promoting HCA integrated programs with network providers and stakeholders, as requested
- Developing relationships with treatment providers throughout Northern Arizona, including travel for site visits
- Performing other duties of similar nature and level as assigned
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Master's degree in a Behavioral Health Field (preferred: a current independent Arizona license in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Counseling, or Substance Abuse Counseling); or
- Current Arizona licensed Registered Nurse (RN) and a minimum of two years' experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of this position
Years of Experience:
- Minimum: two years' experience in a behavioral health setting
- Preferred: 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge of the Arizona Behavioral Health System and its resources
- Knowledge of the AHCCCS Medicaid system
- Knowledge of the principles and benefits of integrated health care and population health, and / or willingness to learn
- Experience managing complex and unique caseloads for persons with both physical and behavioral health needs
Skills & Abilities:
- Skilled at using Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Ability to document activities accurately and timely in an electronic medical record system
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, privacy and security of protected health information and proprietary information
- Ability to communicate professionally in written and oral formats
- Ability to deliver presentations to large groups
- Ability to work effectively in a team model
- Some travel required
- Valid Arizona drivers' license