Health Risk Assessment Nurse
Our Mission: Provide the best value in health insurance and related health services to improve the quality of life for Arizonans.
Inspire health in Arizona as the trusted leader in delivering affordable, innovative healthcare solutions.
Our Benefits: Our benefits provide work-life balance and the flexibility you need to be your best. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage; a 401K savings plan; paid holidays and vacations; and much more!
Position Purpose: The HRA Nurse is responsible for telephonic interactions with the member and compiling data in order to complete the Health Risk Assessment. The HRA Nurse will use this information to create an individualized care plan which will be shared with the member and/or caregiver, and the primary care provider.
- Complete both initial and annual Health Risk Assessments
- Utilize risk stratification tools to classify members as low, medium or high acuity
- Work collaboratively with the member to create individualized care plans based on Health Risk Assessment data, chronic conditions and gaps in care
- Ensure individualized care plans are time sensitive and contain measurable goals
- Collaborate with the Interdisciplinary Care Team to incorporate best practices, assess outcomes and develop individualized care plans
- Ensure the member and all members of the Interdisciplinary Care Team receive a copy of the individualized care plan to ensure continuity of care
- Educate member on the importance of preventive measures and following up with their primary care provider on a regular basis
- Identify members who would benefit for care, disease or behavioral health management programs and make necessary referrals
- Identify gaps in care and address with the member
- All work is documented in the care management system and is complete and accurate
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- LPN or RN
- Current AZ nursing license
Years of Experience:
- At least two (2) years nursing experience in a health care setting
- Prior HRA experience preferred
- Managed Care/Medicare/Medicaid experience
- Skilled with telephonic Motivational Interviewing
- Computer and software program skills
- Written and verbal skills
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize adhere to deadlines/time frames
- Complete tasks with little supervision
- Ability to manage large workload
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R174