Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Our Mission: Provide the best value in health insurance and related health services to improve the quality of life for Arizonans.
Inspire health in Arizona as the trusted leader in delivering affordable, innovative healthcare solutions.
Our Benefits: Our benefits provide work-life balance and the flexibility you need to be your best. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage; a 401K savings plan; paid holidays and vacations; and much more!
Position Purpose: The Director of FP&A Flagstaff is responsible for the Behavioral Health Home payment model and insuring contractual compliance for these payments; insures completion of financial analytical reports, projections, operational reporting; monitors Health Home contract financial compliance; implements and updates financial policies and procedures; identifies operational solutions and compiles financial presentations. This position includes reporting to AHCCCS, Behavioral Health Homes and other internal departments.
- Maintain Behavioral Health Home payment model aka BHH System Budget.
- Monitor BHH claims submission and BHH payments to assure compliance with contractual requirements.
- Budgeting and reforecasting for the RBHA line of business
- Value Based Purchasing
- Monitors Federal Block Grant and State funding activity and notifies financial, clinical and management of any concerns. Answer provider’s and internal staff’s question regarding the appropriate utilization of these funds. (Claims, Clinical, Provider Reps, etc). Updates the NT19/21 provider training with the assistance of the Training team.
- Identifies areas of financial concerns for Behavioral Health Homes regarding financial viability, insure compliance with financial contractual requirements and report any concerns to leadership.
- Provides leadership and guidance to other departments.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the quality of data.
- Ensure the Value of Service table complies with regulator’s policies
- Insures timely submission of AHCCCS deliverables. Compiles data and develops reports for ad hoc AHCCCS requests.
- Develop and update internal and Provider Manual policies and procedures. Monitor compliance with AHCCCS policies and determine if requirements are not being met the appropriate action to be taken.
- Leads a team in developing and enhancing operational reporting to improve accuracy and efficiencies.
- Provides analytical support by researching and preparing analysis and explanations for management team including timely and concise communication regarding ad hoc data requests.
- Other projects as assigned including but not limited to converting BHH from legacy rate schedules align with Health Choices percent of AHCCCS rate based system, convert BHH payment model to a sub-capitation system, T36.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent obtained at a four-year college or university in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
Years of Experience:
- At least five (5) years’ experience in Healthcare financial analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word and experience in SQL.
- Relationship development and management with both internal and external stakeholders
- Team development, coaching, and mentoring
- Flexibility to manage ever changing priorities