The Database Developer focuses on data for the managed care applications, creating processes and reports as determined by the business. This position is responsible for creating and supporting applications that aggregate data across many systems and data structures.
- Develop and maintain user reports and stored procedures
- Ability to create user reports by using SQL and SSRS tools
- Create and utilize stored procedures within the reporting tool for developing complex reports.
- Code, update, and debug stored procedures
- Improve Database performance through indexes and triggers
- Transfer data using SSIS
- Design, test, and deploy databases through Development, Staging, and Production environment
- Help design and build front-end interfaces for DB-based applications
- Create and maintain reports in SQL, SSRS and Crystal Reports
- Modify front-end applications as business needs require.
- Understand the user requirements and create user friendly front-end applications.
- Analyze, review, and rewrite programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt program to new requirements
- Collaborate with data analysts and management to determine project scope and vision.
- Investigate and troubleshoot systems issues that may arise with internal applications.
- Maintain an understanding of current web technologies and programming practices
- Identify and correct problems uncovered during testing and feedback
- Design, test and deploy databases through a structured Software Development Life Cycle leveraging Team Foundation Server for source control and task management
- Manage time effectively to handle multiple critical level requests
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field is preferred but not required
Years of Experience:
- 1+ years of SQL Server Experience
- 1+ years of Database and ETL development experience
- 1+ years of SSIS experience
- .Net experience a plus
- DB2 and Oracle experience a plus
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Visio, Project, and video editing experiencing a plus
- Visual Studio
- TSQL, PL/SQL desired
- HTML and C# desired
- Crystal Reports a plus
- Scrum and Agile knowledge desired
- Relational database concepts
- Understanding of programmatic data-access to SQL Server, including familiarity with dynamic data
- Healthcare background desired, but not required
Skills & Abilities:
- Research skills desirable
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and use tools such as Zoom, Skype and Teams for communications
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills are necessary
- Scrum and Agile knowledge desirable