Customer Care Advocate
Our Mission: Provide the best value in health insurance and related health services to improve the quality of life for Arizonans.
Inspire health in Arizona as the trusted leader in delivering affordable, innovative healthcare solutions.
Our Benefits: Our benefits provide work-life balance and the flexibility you need to be your best. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage; a 401K savings plan; paid holidays and vacations; and much more!
Position Purpose: The Customer Service Advocate supports the Health Choice Call Center by providing "best-in-class" customer service to Seriously Mentally Ill (SMI) members for behavioral health services provided by Health Choice Arizona. Provide excellent customer service to providers, including completing all necessary requests, documenting all calls, answering phones, and meeting monthly goals.
- Answer phones promptly, in professional tone, and appropriately responds to member inquiries or requests while maintaining performance measures
- Greet caller accurately and appropriately, according to established protocol
- Use standard closing accurately and appropriately to end call in a positive manner
- Answer and document all calls appropriately and timely
- Verify HIPAA-required information for members and providers
- Supply accurate information/answers, actively engage in member conversations to assist with needs
- Maintain professional in all communication with members, co-workers and external vendors
- Ensure members receive effective and efficient support
- Achieve and maintain high customer satisfaction
- Assist with transportation needs, pharmacy needs and scheduling of services when needed.
- As the RBHA for the state we keep track of members transferring in and out of our RBHA.
- Follow up on intakes, medications, and to make sure they are seen for an intake in a timely manner and that the transfer is properly closed.
- Make out bound follow up calls for members that have been released from inpatient stays for behavioral health services and other hospital stays.
- Follow up HRA entries and ACOM calls all required by the state.
- Works closely with pharmacy in Phoenix/Flagstaff to serve our members.
- Take inbound calls as well including complaints when a member calls regarding services they may or may not be needing.
- May provide coverage on the reception desk to cover lunches, mail and any absence there may be.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED preferred
Years of Experience:
- At least one (1) year of customer service experience preferred
- At least one (1) year of call center environment preferred
- Active listening skills, highly empathetic, conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, typing, and multi-systems navigation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking competency) is a plus