Business Intelligence Developer
Position Purpose: This position develops and finalizes reporting required to proactively support medical management activities, provider contracting and management activities, financial and accounting activities, and other senior leaders of the company. The Healthcare Report Developer provides key information critical to decision making, leveraging advanced SQL development to deliver value to key stakeholders.
- Performs requirement analysis, validation and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiably actionable.
- Manages requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
- Participates in the peer review process to ensure all reports are reviewed before distribution.
- Designs and develops reports and analyzes data to measure financial or clinical outcomes, network performance, care management, claims processing, operations and/or other areas of the business.
- Develops medical cost reporting, including standardization of cost categories of service, unit cost and utilization metrics.
- Assists in development of business requirements for decision support tools and reports.
- Creates dashboards generated from trend data, utilization authorization, risk adjustment, and claims data to support departmental functions.
- Models hospital, physician and ancillary contracts in order to advise network contractors during rate negotiations, as well as provide monthly analysis of overall network performance.
- Works closely with Finance and other departments, as necessary, in order to determine business analytic and reporting needs, to clarify requirements and scope, and to identify and understand the business needs and purpose of the department or team.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
Years of Experience:
Skills & Abilities: